Over the weekend, I have ported the encryption code from FPDF_Protection (http://www.fpdf.de/downloads/addons/37/) to Zend_Pdf. I can’t extend the code from Zend_Pdf to add this feature, so I have tweak a code file : Zend_Pdf_ElementFactory. I feel a little guilty on that :D.
- When conduct testing, I see that we can’t create un-attached page. Attached page always works.
- As a port from FPDF_Protection, it only allows encryption with 40 bits length and permissions : print, modify, copy, annot-forms.
- FPDF_Protection doesn’t take document Id to build encryption key so it resets document id to empty. So does this library.
- FPDF_Protection : http://www.fpdf.de/downloads/addons/37/
- Greg Priday who suggest me to add encryption capacity to Zend_Pdf by checking the feature of FPDF_Protection
- http://www.adobe.com/devnet/pdf/pdf_reference_archive.html : version 1.4, part 3.5 : encryption.
- http://framework.zend.com/issues/browse/ZF-13 .
Hope that this little library is helpful for you guys. It’s my first contribution to zend framework community after a long time of using it so I am over exited to see your feedback.
Download from google code.